Giving half-completed answers to yes/no questions.
A: Do you like football? 你喜欢足球吗?
B: Yes, I like.
B: Yes. / Yes, I do. / Yes, I like football. (√)
Unable to recognize the difference between‘have’ as a regular or auxiliary verb
A: Do you have a pen? 你有笔吗?
B: No, I haven't.
B: No, I don’t. (√)我没有。
A: Have you seen Mark? 你看见马克了吗?
B: No, I haven’t. (√)没有，我没看见。
- This is my wife, Sarah. He’s a designer.
This is my wife, Sarah. she’s a designer. (√)
4、不知道怎么用“there is/there are”
Unable to use ‘there is / there are’.
– It have two tables.
– There is two tables.
– There are two tables. (√)这有两个桌子。
5、过度使用the Overusing ‘the’
– I had the pizza for the lunch.
– I had pizza for lunch. (√)我午饭吃披萨。
Confusing uncountable nouns with countable ones
– ‘How many money do we have?’
– How much money do we have? (√)我们有多少钱?
– Though he is busy, but he studies English every day.
– He is busy, so he doesn’t come to class very often.
– Though he is busy, he studies English every day. / He is busy, but he studies English every day.
– Because he is busy, he doesn’t come to class very often. / He is busy, so he doesn’t come to class very often. (√)
Placing adjectives after the noun which is inappropriate in English.
– There is a building very old.
– There is a very old building. (√)那有一个非常古老的建筑。
Wrong word order in indirect requests.
– Can you tell me where is the supermarket? (虽然现在口语中用得比较多，但是语法上还是有一些问题的，那地道表达怎么说呢?)
– Can you tell me where the supermarket is?
Mistakes with past tense.
– I go to work yesterday.
– I play basketball last weekend.
– I went to work yesterday. (√)我昨天去工作了。
– I played basketball last weekend. (√)我上周末打了篮球。